Sunday, August 7, 2011

Using Windows Phone Device As USB Storage Device


Share


As you all know we can’t use Windows Phone devices for USB storage. You need Zune client for simple photo or music transfer. The same case goes for Zune HD too, but there are couple of registry hacks which would enable us to use them as USB device. There is no working solution for this problem currently for Windows phones. Den Delimarsky, a Microsoft stack developer from dzone has developed a hack which would enable USB storage file storage on Windows Phones.

From the developer:

There were a couple of hacks floating around, but I was curious to see if I can do it by myself. Well, I found a way to do it without third-party OS hacks and only with the help of a simple application built around the Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity assembly.

I am not releasing the application itself at this point because there is more work to be done..

Source: wmpoweruser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment